Like the Honeysuckle to your Tree
Was I the one to block you from the lights
And leave you to die?
I wanted to get you
get all over your body
Touch and see and hear and smell and taste, and drink in, all of you.
Take away that part of you that hurt,
That person you were once and you want to leave behind.
I wanted to take you away to a better place,
shed you away from this world's
cold stares.
But in my embrace, my love bare
was like poison,
too thick to breathe it
too heavy to move in,
too dense to make sense.
And so while I, being with you, began to bloom all over,
slowly but surely you suffocated.
Like the Honeysuckle to your Tree
Was I the one to block you from the lights
And leave you to die?
This embrace now hollow
Whispering my name, I pretend when it echoes
it is your voice, and that none of this is real.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire