And the endless road that lies ahead
is like the promise of a Neverland
Where the kids'd run free, no lies, not hatred
again, I fell asleep with you in my head
And the romantic calling of all that's far
The songs of their sirens silence the sounds made by the car
Why do we never take people for what they are?
A label instead of a face is what has been keeping us apart
I was scared of the rain
And from love I refrained
Telling myself 'anyways, these stories all end the same'
but if you ain't got a name
to call for in the hurricane
of the daze of days...
There's no one in the streets, the weather has turned colder
I pass empty park swings and a dirty swirling paper
hands in pockets - the wind shifts, throws my bangs across my eyes
I look up to brush them away and what I see mesmerize me
And I pass closed shops where I'd go with my father
memories of days time keeps pulling farther
As I sing softly, the puffs my breath makes are called by the breeze
Wishing it'll bring my words to your ears, so the secrets could cease -
to be, to haunt me
I was scared of the rain
And to love I refrained
Telling myself 'anyways, these stories all end the same'
but if you ain't got a name
to call for in the hurricane
of the daze of days....I... don't know.
I don't know.
Where are you?
Where are you now?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire