jeudi 5 mai 2011

A Game of Smoke and Mirrors

Woke up in this sad world again today

My eyes closed hard by the hit of dismay

I struggle my sharpened thoughts but I just decay

As they never seem to go away.

We’re all dreaming about having a different life

In which deceptions wouldn’t be so rife

Waking up anywhere else tomorrow morning,

Changing this world - but that’s never happening

Looked everywhere, anywhere for whose fault it was,

but I went numb and disavowed (that what the truth often does).

Cauz when I searched for a traitor with frustrated eyes

I saw it painted on a mirror surface, cruel under its guise.

It felt anguishing, torturing, tormenting, but also so clearer

It’s in the unending circles of routine i found the killer

But I am too lame and my life’s too futile to be fought over

Eyes afraid of reality so they closed themselves forever

When did it start feeling like something was missing?

As something hidden away through every minutes passing

Still I’ll just lay there motionless and, perhaps

I will die before all these illusions collapse.

Aucun commentaire: