mardi 17 mai 2011

Big City


Your heart is like a metropolis; a big city
Filled with strangers: no friends, no lovers.

They come and go,
they don't know about each other,
don't make ties with one another,
so that they can easily be disposed of, when the time comes.
Yeah, they never settle down.

Big City never gives a second glance to the passer-bys,
but actually, Big City is the one that is the most lonely.

I explore the paths of your mind, slowly, silently,
patiently - a quality I didn't know I had in me -, waiting for you to notice me.

Others have come in brutally, noisily,
tryin' to build houses of expectations upon you.
But that only made so that you exiled them in fear
that your horizons would become blocked.

Let me just say:
I don't want to imprison you,
nor label you,
nor delimitate you.
I just want to accompany you,
walk the streets of your heart and observe all the people who live there.

Perhaps, maybe,
I will never be able to be like them,
join them, meet them;
and in this city I will always be treated as a stranger,
however...

With a soft gaze, I watch you trying to escape
the borders and traps you've set around yourself.
So that no one would come in,
this place you have come to be unable to leave.

...or perhaps, maybe,
one day you will understand
that I might not actually be a stranger
to the foreignness of one's native land.




Aucun commentaire: